Bu yazımızda ingilizcede çok sık kullanılan bazı fiilleri anlamları ile birlikte ve örnek cümlelerle vereceğiz.
|afford||gücü yetmek, parası yetmek|
|end||son vermek, bitirmek|
|fix||tamir etmek, yerleştirmek|
|waste||boşa harcamak, heba etmek|
|worry||üzülmek, endişe etmek|
- Don’t forget to lock the back door before you go to bed.
- It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, there was no wind and the sky was blue.
- Don’t waste your time talking to him – he’s not going to change his mind.
- Take your time; think it over carefully. You don’t have to decide this minute.
You can let know on Monday.
- “There’s a broken window in the greenhouse.” ” Don’t worry. I’ll fix it.
- I’m sorry, I didn’t hear what you said. Could you repeat it please?
- I don’t speak any foreign languages apart from French,
so when I visited Russia last summer
I could’t understand a word people said.
- I’d like to buy a new car, but I can’t afford it at the moment.
- “Do you know what time the film ends ? “At 10.30, I think.”
- She was so frightened by the sudden noise that she screamed.
- Most parents worry if their children are out late at night. It’s only natural.
- He apologized for arriving late at the meeting.
- If you hit your thumb with a hammer, it hurts.
- Now I want this to be a happy photograph, so smile everyone!
- These shoes don’t fit -they’re too small.
- We usually visit my parents at the weekend.
(My mother likes to cook Sunday lunch for us.)
- Would you like me to arrange a meeting between you and Ms Sayers?
- Soldiers are trained to obey orders without question.
- Most people know nowadays that smoking can cause lung cancer.
- I asked her to help us, but she refused.