- She traveled _______ the world.
a. over b. across c. on d. around
- There’s a park across the street _______ the hospital.
a. of b. to c. from d. for
- I am taking _______ some books.
a. hers b. her c. to her d. she
- _______ bottle on the table.
a. It has a b. There’s a c. It’s a d. There are
- Does your mother like Turkish coffee? Yes, she _______.
a. do b. does c. does like d. likes
- I have a very good radio. I don’t need_______.
a. other one b. some c. any d. another one
- Helen is always reading books. She _______ like to read.
a. will b. would c. must d. can
- I am not _______ to vote.
a. very old b. enough old c. old enough d. old for
- Tom and Helen_______ the radio.
a. are listening on b. are listening to
b. is listening on d. is listening to
- Where’s the book?
a. There’s it. b. He’s under the chair.
b. It’s here. d There’s on a chair.
- What’s her brother doing?
a. She is playing football. b. He is playing.
c. He is playing football. d. She is playing.
- I am not used to _______ strong coffee.
a. drink b. drinking c. drank d. drunk
- “Are you going to find a. new job?”
“I don’t know. I _______”
a. should b. might c. must d. will
- Tom is tall, and _______.
a. Henry is, too. b. Henry is to.
c. George’re, too. d. Henry is.
- Do Mr. and Mrs. Smith speak French?
a. He does, but she doesn’t. b. He speaks, but she isn’t .
c. He speaks, but she doesn’t speak d. He is, but she doesn’t.
- Do they live in England?
a. Yes, they live. b. Yes, they do.
c. No, they don’t live. d. No, they aren’t
- Helen is behind Mary. Mary is ________Helen.
a. beside b. between c. in front of d. next
- That’s Helen. She ________.
a. is long hair b. has long hair
c. have long hair d. have hair long
- What’s that man?
a. He’s Tom. b. He’s a driver. c. It’s Tom. d. Yes, he is.
- George is Mrs. White’s son.
a. He is his son. b. She is her son.
c. She is his mother. d. He Is his father.
- Is that a dog?
a. Yes, it is. b. Yes, that’s.
c. Yes, it’s that dog d. Yes, a dog is that.
- There are ________in the classroom but only one teacher.
a. many student b. much student
c. a lot of students d. a lot of student
- Helen ________.
a. gave Tom the pen. b. gave the pen Tom.
c. gave to Tom the pen. d. gave to the pen Tom.
- The sun ________in the East.
a. is always rising b. rises always
c. always is rising d. always rises
- There isn’t ________at the bus stop.
a. anybody b. any persons c. people d. somebody
- He hasn’t bought ________oranges.
a. a lot b. any c. much d. some
- ________don’t like red wine.
a. Some people b. Somebody c. Any people d. Anybody
- Tom didn’t call the police. Helen didn’t call ________.
a. them, either b. him, either c. them, too d. him, too
- Sally is ________George.
a. as tall than b. so tall as c. as tall as d. so tall that
- Who ________on Sundays?
a. do help you b. you help c. do you help d. you do help
- What is Mary like? She ________.
a. is very well b. likes ice cream
c. is like tall d. is very pretty
- ________to Bursa last month?
a. Did he go b. Was he c. Has he been d. Has he gone
- Whose is that? It’s ________.
a. my b. of Tom c. my sister d. ours
- Helen never eats potatoes, and ________.
a. so doesn’t Ken b. neither doesn’t Ken
c. neither does Ken d. neither Ken does
- The party will start ________Sunday.
a. on 9 o’clock at b. at 9 o’clock
c. at 9 o’clock on d. 9 o’clock on
- This is ________that.
a. the same as b. the same that c. different that d. different
- I don’t know who ________chocolate.
a. like b. likes c. is liking d. is like
- Fred eats ________bread.
a. too many b. fewer c. too much d. any
- Who went to Bursa? Helen ________.
a. did b. has c. went d. is
- Ask him ________.
a. how old is he b. how old he is
c. how old has he d. how old he has
- This is ________friend.
a. Helens b. Helen’s c. Helen is d. Helens’
- ________the ball.
a. Kick b. Playing c. What d. What is
- I can kick a ball, but I ________play football.
a. can b. can’t c. am d. will
- ________eat the ice cream.
a. Don’t b. Where c. Can’t d. When
- Please walk ________the street.
a. after b. for c. across d. out
- What ________in her hand?
a. she has b. is she c. does she have d. she is
- Helen has ________headache.
a. a b. some c. the d. an
- Tom has ________flu.
a. a b. some c. the d. an
- Peter has a fever because he has ________measles.
a. a b some c. the d. of
- The car is dirty. We ________wash it.
a. don’t have to b. have c. have to d. do
- How many ________are there?
a. shoe b. pair of shoes c. pair d. pairs of shoes
- Whose slippers ———————?
a. this is b. these are c. are these d. is this
- We’ll ________swimming.
a. go to b. going c. to d. go
- I’m ________shopping.
a. going b. can’t go c. go d. don’t go
- The ________house is on Park Street.
a. Bill’s b. Browns’ c. friend d. boys
- Peter wants ________pocket calculator now.
a. uses b. likes c. to use d. use
“It’s November 22, 1984.”
a. the date is b. day c. is the date d. day is today
- “When is your birthday?” “It is ________August.”
a. on b. into c. between d. in
- My birthday is ________June 27.
a. on b. into c. between d. in
- There isn’t ________at your house now.
a. person b. somebody c. people d. anybody
- Is there ________on the meat?
a. anybody b. thing c. anything d. somebody
- Betty ________come to the party.
a. may not b. is c. maybe d. does
- The brown car is ________than the white one.
a. smaller b. the smallest c. smallest d. small
- The movie is ________than the book.
a. most interesting b. interesting
c. more interesting d. interestingly
- These apples aren’t as ________those.
a. better than b. good as c. good d. better
- That TV program is ________than the other one.
a. good b. worst c. worse d. bad
- It is the ________book in the library.
a. bad b. worst c. worse d. better
- ________did Tom eat for breakfast?
a. When b. Where c. What d. How
- “________did you go there?” “To visit some friends.”
a. When b. Why c. How d. What
- I spent ________time studying for the test.
a. a lot of b. hours of c. a few d. not much
- They have been good friends ________1978.
a. for b. since c. in d. before
- David has been ________for three hours.
a. working b. to work c. worked d. not work
- I can’t find my book ________.
a. everywhere b. not here c. where d. anywhere
- I want to go ________this weekend.
a. everywhere b. mountains c. somewhere d. beach
- Tom speaks English ________.
a. good b. difficult c. easy d. well
- My friend drives ________.
a. fast b. bad c. good d. careful
- We work ——————— every day.
a. good b. bad c. well d. much
- Mrs. Brown feels ________.
a. beautifully b. terrible c. nicely d. easily
- The movie ________interesting at the end.
a. stops b. sees c. goes d. gets
- “They speak English.” “So ________.”
a. they do b. they speak c. do we d. we speak too
- “I went to New York.” “So ________.”
a. I went b. she goes c. did my friend d. she also
- I can’t speak French, and my friend can’t ________.
a. so b. either c. so too d. neither
- Tom’s mother sent ________a letter.
a. him b. for him c. to him d. by him
- “________can design computers?” “Engineers can.”
a. How b. Who c. Why d. Whom
- ________do you write to about the job?
a. What b. Why c. Whom d. When
- Kathy is wearing a hat ________is red.
a. it b. so c. that d. such
- Helen has a friend ________plays football.
a. who b. always c. he d. his team
- She showed me some pictures ________were very interesting.
a. that b. all c. mountains d. they
- Do you know where ________a good dinner?
a. a restaurant for b. get c. we can get d. can we get
- Is it difficult ________English?
a. to learn b. having c. have d. speak
- I don’t understand how ________the homework.
a. write b. doing c. read d. to do
- This is my friend ________house is near mine.
a. who lives in b. whose c. who is d. in his
- Do you know ________car that is?
a. if b. with a c. how fast d. whose
- It ________this morning when I woke up.
a. is raining b. will rain c. was raining d. would rain
- I was sleeping________ the alarm ran?.
a. when b. how c. why d. which
- If Frank had more time, he ________to see more movies.
a. would b. would be able c. can d. had
- We will work on the problem ________we solve it
a. why b. how c. until d. by
- I look forward ________you soon.
a. of visiting b. to visit c. to visiting d. visiting