a. She is b. Is c. He d. Is she
- This is an office, and _____ tables.
a. those are b. that are c. these d. that is
- This is_____ girlfriend.
a. hers b. to him c. of her d. his
- There are _____ people in the office.
a. the b. some c. a d. any
- _____ money on Maria’s table?
a. There is some b. There is any
c. Is it some d. Is there any
- “Where’s Maria?” “She _____ in the office.”
a. is sitting b. sitting c. sit d. sits
- Maria _____ Italian and British.
a. speak b. speaking c. speaks d. is speak
- “What _____?” “She’s writing a letter.”
a. does she do b. does she
c. Is she doing d. she is doing
- She _____ speak French.
a. no b. doesn’t c. not d. don’t
- “Are Peter and Maria still sitting in the office?” “No, _____”
a. they don’t sit b. they standing
c. there aren’t d. they aren’t
- What language _____?
a. do you speak b. are you speak
c. you are speaking d. speak you
- “Are there any people in the bar?” “No, _____”
a. any b. there isn’t c. there aren’t d. are there
- Helen has got only _____ money.
a. any b. no c. a little d. few
- “Do you want some tea?” “No, I don’t want _____ thank you.”
a. nothing b. anything c. none d. something
- I’m sorry, but I _____ the test yet.
a. don’t finish b. haven’t finished
c. didn’t finish d. aren’t finished
- _____ English before?
a. Have you b. Do you study
c. Are you studying d. Have you studied
- Maria _____ to the bank on Monday.
a. go b. gone c. going d. went
- Maria_____ hasn’t telephoned Peter.
a. yet b. always c. still d. never
- Peter _____ in the living room when the phone rang.
a. was sitting b. has been sitting c. sat d. has sat
- “What _____?” “She wanted to talk to him.”
a. wanted she b. did she want
c. did wanted d. has she wanted
- Peter can’t speak Italian, _____?
a. isn’t it b. does he c. can’t he d. can he
- No, but he _____ soon.
a. goes to learn b. learns
c. is going to learn d. is learning
- He asked her to speak _____ on the telephone.
a. more clearer b. more clearly
c. clearlier d. more clear
- “What_____ this evening?” Maria asked.
a. you will do b. do you c. will you d. are you doing
- She enjoys _____ to parties.
a. to go b. that they go c. going d. go
- Maria _____ while he was still having a bath.
a. was arriving b. has arrived c. arrived d. is arriving
- “If we _____ quickly, we won’t be late for the party.” said Peter.
a. drive b. will drive c. drove d. would drive
- She asked him where _____.
a. the party is b. the party was
c. was the party d. is the party
- “If I _____ the way to the house, we wouldn’t be so late.” he replied.
a. knew b. know c. would know d. had known
- Peter wanted _____ a policeman.
a. that Maria would ask b. Maria asking
c. Maria should ask d. Maria to ask
- Maria said she _____ him driving fast, and asked him to slow down.
a. isn’t liking b. hasn’t liked
c. didn’t like d. doesn’t like
- When they finally arrived, they _____ the car and went in.
a. had parked b. were parking c. parked d. have parked
- They were _____ they didn’t get anything to eat.
a. such late b. so late c. too late d. very late
- Nevertheless, Peter made Maria _____ all night.
a. to dance b. that she danced c. dance d. dancing
- When you _____ him tomorrow, you’ll think he’s ten years older.
a. see b. will see c. would see d. are going to see
- He promised Maria they _____ there earlier next time.
a. will get b. get c. shall get d. would get
- _____ Peter nor Maria was able to drive home.
a. Either b. Nor c. Not d. Neither
- Maria took a taxi and _____ Peter.
a. also b. so did c. too did d. so
- The milk _____ at 8 o’clock the following morning.
a. was delivering b. delivered
c. was delivered d. is delivered
- “If I’d known I’d feel so ill, I _____ to the party,” Peter moaned.
a. would go b. wouldn’t have gone
c. didn’t go d. would have gone
- He heard on the morning news that a family of 6 _____ in an explosion.
a. were being injured b. had injured
c. have injured d. had been Injured
- The family had just had a new gas cooker _____ in their kitchen.
a. fitted b. to be fitted c. fitting d. for fit
- The man who fixed it must _____ a mistake with the connections.
a. have made b. to have made c. to made d. made
- He _____ his job properly because a lot of gas escaped.
a. shouldn’t do b. must have done
c. was able to do d. can’t have done
- When Peter _____ his breakfast, he went to work.
a. finishing b. was finishing
c. had finished d. has finished
- He thought he_____ able to read about the explosion when he got home.
a. will be b. would be c. is d. was
- “By the time I get home, the story_____ in the evening newspaper.” he thought.
a. appears b. will appear
c. will have appeared d. has appeared
- Peter _____ spending weekends alone.
a. didn’t use to b. wasn’t used to
c. hadn’t used to d. used not to
- He wished she _____ have to spend so much time away.
a. didn’t b. doesn’t c. hadn’t d. couldn’t
- He suggested _____ him on Tuesday evening.
a. her to meet b. she should meet
c. she meeting d. that her meeting
- You _____ have worried because the test wasn’t difficult, was it?
a. could b. needn’t c. must d. wouldn’t
- Now it’s time _____ a short composition.
a. you write b. you are writing
c. for to write d. you wrote